Let me explain.
We did a recent survey at Shoreline and found that::
- 48% of incidents are straightforward and repetitive.
- 55% of them escalate beyond the 1st line on call.
That means even if someone from your 2nd or 3rd line is not on call this week, they’re still actively on call because a lot of the incidents are reaching to them anyway.
You can reduce incidents by asking yourself these 2 questions:
1. How do I automate these straightforward and repetitive things away?
2. How do I empower my 1st line with clear guide rails on diagnosing and dealing with an event before deciding to escalate it?
Thus, by automating repetitive things and providing your 1st line with pre-built diagnostics and a safe set of repair actions, you can:
- reduce the labor they have to put in,
- reduce the downtime for customers, and
- save your engineers from the frustration of being on call all the time.